If our information practices change, we will post an updated policy on our website. You can tell if the policy has changed by checking the “last updated” date that appears above. If you do not agree to the new terms, you should stop using our websites/mobile apps or otherwise providing information to us.
We collect information directly from you. The types of information we may collect include your name, email address, postal address, phone number, credit card and other payment information, age, location, and any other information you choose to provide. We also collect information from you automatically, including:Transactional Information:
- When you make a purchase or return, we collect information about the transaction, such as product detail, purchase price, and date and location of the transaction.
- We collect information related to your access to and use of our websites, including the type of browser you use, access times, pages viewed, your IP address, and the page you viewed before navigating to our websites.
- We collect information about the computer or mobile device you use to access our websites or when you connect to our in-store Wi-Fi services, including the hardware model, operating system and version, unique device identifiers, and mobile network information.
- We utilize cameras in our stores for security purposes and to measure and observe customer traffic patterns to improve our stores and services.
- We may derive the approximate location of your device from your IP address. We may also collect geolocation information from your device in accordance with your device settings.
- We may use tracking tools like browser cookies, flash cookies, pixels, and web beacons. Please see “How do we use browser and mobile-based cookies and other tracking technologies?” for more information.
We may combine all of this information with information about you that we acquire from your activities in our stores, on our site, and/or information we receive from our joint marketing partners and unaffiliated service providers.
We collect information directly from you. The following are a few examples of when we collect information from you:
- During website or account registration
- In connection with an online or in-store purchase
- If you upload or share a photo or other digital content through one of our websites or mobile apps, or share content linking to any of our social media platforms
- If you enroll in our Rewarding MomentsTM loyalty program
- If you participate in a sweepstakes, contest, or promotion
- If you return a product or use a rebate
- If you contact us via e-mail or through our customer service or consumer affairs hotline
- In connection with your interactions with us as a registered user of our websites (for example, when you use the wish-list or “my hearts” feature) or mobile apps
We also collect information from you passively. We may use tracking tools like browser cookies, flash cookies, pixels, and web beacons. Please see “How do we use browser and mobile-based cookies and other tracking technologies?” for more information.
We may use your personal information in the following ways:
- To provide, maintain and improve our products and services
- To process and fulfill your order, including to send you emails to confirm your order status and shipment
- To communicate with you and to send you information by email, postal mail, telephone, text message, or other means about our products, services, contests, and promotions, unless you have directed us not to contact you with promotional communications
- To administer and fulfill our contests and other promotions
- To help us better understand your shopping needs and preferences and provide consistent, personalized services and experiences across our brands
- To help us address problems with and improve our site design, products and services
- To allow you to connect to our in-store Wi-Fi service
- To enhance your shopping experience
- To analyze trends and statistics
- To protect the security or integrity of our websites and our business
- To contact you if necessary
- For limited internal and operational use, such as to enable our website to function
You always have the choice not to receive marketing information or calls. For instructions on opting out, please see the section entitled, “How do I make choices about receiving promotional communications?” below.
All information we collect about you may be shared with our affiliates and subsidiaries.
We may also share information about you with unaffiliated service providers for purposes of providing services to us. For example, when you complete a purchase, we may share information about you and your purchase with other companies for the purpose of processing your transaction, including credit card authorization, and order processing and fulfillment. We may share your information with our other service providers who collect, manage, and analyze our customer information on our behalf and perform services on our behalf, such as sending promotions and other communications and conducting contests and surveys.
We may share information about you if necessary, in our good faith judgment, to comply with laws or regulations or in response to a valid subpoena, order, or government request, or to protect the rights of Carter’s or others.
We may also share aggregated or de-identified information that cannot reasonably be used to identify you.
You can review and change certain personal information related to your use of our online sites (such as your name and contact information). To access your information at a Polka Dot Pony
website, simply sign in to your account using your login and password, and you will be able to edit your personal information in your account profile.
You can also ask us to update your personal information by contacting us as described in the section entitled, “How do I contact you?” below. Please note that any request to update your personal information may take up to 10 days for your email request and 6-8 weeks for your postal mail request.
We want to communicate with you only if you want to hear from us. If you prefer not to receive promotional information, such as information about special offers and sales events, from one or more of our brands, you can let us know.
If contacting customer service, please be sure to include your full name and the email address you used when you registered with or made a purchase from us. If you ask us to remove your name and address from promotional lists, we will maintain your name in a “do not contact” file to ensure that we can honor your request. It may take up to 10 days to process your email request and 6-8 weeks to process your postal mail request (California residents excepted), during which period you may continue to receive communications from us. If you are a California resident, please see the section entitled “Your California Privacy Rights.”
If you change your mind, you can start receiving promotional communications from us again by logging into your online account and changing your preferences, by signing up when you visit our websites or our stores or when you enter a sweepstakes or contest, or by contacting customer service.
Please note that when you make an online purchase from us, we will continue to confirm your order status and shipment by email. We may also need to contact you via telephone, email, or postal mail with questions or information regarding your order.
We are concerned about the privacy and safety of children when they use the internet. We will never knowingly request personally identifiable information online from anyone under the age of 13 without prior verifiable parental consent. Our websites are general audience sites and are not targeted to or intended for use by children. However, if we learn that we have received information from a child under the age of 13 without parental consent, we will delete that information from our database.
You can set your browser not to accept cookies or to notify you when you are sent a cookie, giving you the opportunity to decide whether or not to accept it. If you do not accept cookies, however, you may not be able to access your account information or make purchases on our websites.
Cookies, pixel tags, and other tracking technologies help us better understand your shopping needs and preferences tell us which parts of our website you have visited and facilitate and measure the effectiveness of our advertisements, and provide consistent and personalized services and experiences.
These technologies may be used to collect “click-stream data,” which includes information about your visit, including the pages you view, the features you use, the links you click, and other actions you take in connection with the sites and our online ads.
Pixel tags in our emails may be used to track your interactions with those messages, such as when you receive, open, or click a link in an email message from us.
We may combine the information we collect through these technologies with other information we have collected from and about you and use it as described in this policy.
We also work with unaffiliated service providers that use their own tracking technologies (including cookies and pixel tags) on our websites in order to provide tailored advertisements on our behalf. These companies may collect information about your activity on our sites and your interaction with our advertising and other communications and use this information to determine which ads you see on third-party websites and applications. For more information about this practice and to understand your options including how to opt out of receiving these tailored advertisements, you may visit http://www.aboutads.info (an unaffiliated informational site) for more information. If you are a California or Nevada resident, please also see the “Your California Privacy Rights” or “Your Nevada Privacy Rights” sections below.
Please note that even if you opt-out, these tracking technologies may still collect data and you will still see ads, but they will not be targeted based on your visits to our websites.
If you choose to connect to our in-store Wi-Fi services, Polka Dot Pony will
If you choose to share certain content on our websites, such as pictures, Polka Dot Pony will receive information about you. As such, we encourage you to review these terms whenever you share content on our websites. If you do not wish us to receive this information, you should not share content on our websites.
We do our best to provide you with a safe and convenient shopping experience. We have in place certain physical, electronic, contractual, and managerial safeguards to help protect the security and privacy of your personal information.
When you enter your personal information on our websites, we use encryption technology to protect your information as it is transmitted to us.
If for any reason you cannot access the secure server, or if you’re not quite comfortable shopping online at any of our websites, please feel free to place your order with us by telephone at the number listed in the section entitled, “How do I contact you?”, below.